Hi, I’m Kerbie!
I am a twenty-five year old living in DFW Texas. I graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2014 and have already started, ended, and started a new career. I want to make the most of my twenties. There are only ten years to do it, why waste any time!
Why I started By My Rules
I started this blog as an outlet to share stories of my hard transition to adulthood, lessons I have learned along the way, and life adventures. I have always been an avid Pinterest-er and loved to read other people’s blogs, but I never found one that I could really relate to. It seemed like nobody was talking about the things I wanted reassurance on while I was growing up. As I prepared myself to graduate and start my life as a working woman, everyone always told me it was going to be a hard transition, but nobody would discuss why it was so hard or how to make it easier!
Mid twenties meltdowns are such a taboo topic that we all experience yet never talk about. This is a time that is full of hard decisions, new experiences, and sometimes terrifying or life altering change in plans. We’ve all been there and moved on, are going through it now, or preparing for it in the near future. Adulting is hard; we shouldn’t have to do it alone!
Want to know more?
1. I can cook anything, as long as it is mac & cheese
2. Carbs don’t count if nobody sees you eat them
3. I am pretty sure I talk to my puppy more than I talk to people
4. I swear when I was little I heard Santa’s bells. And I still believe it today
5. I love notepads and often make lists of lists that I need to make. Everything is better with pretty paper
6. I am obsessed with the colors taupe and lavender
7. I can parallel park like a boss
8. I went through an awkward stage from 3rd grade (braces started) until about last year. I am still trying to figure things out
9. I am not a morning person at all and no amount of coffee will make it better. I just don’t like them
10. I met my husband at my sister’s wedding. He is 9 years older than me!